It’s that time again! August is here and summer is winding down. It’s a time of conflicting emotions for most of us. Whether we are ready for summer to end or not, the new school year is upon us, so it’s time to get ready. We have a few tips to make it a breeze for you.
1. Get a checklist together. Include everything you need to be ready for the first day of school. Be sure to include “Pick up sunglasses” for those walks between classes or wait time at the bus stop! Plan to complete your checklist a couple days or so before school starts so you can relax and start in the right frame of mind.
2. Clean out your study and organizational spaces. Your desk should be clean and inviting. Your closet and drawers shouldn’t add any more stress to your day than school will surely bring. Clean space = happy space.
3. Keep a list of food and snacks that will keep you going. There are great apps for this, but even an old school dry erase board will suffice. Remembering to keep healthy food stocked will ensure you’re maintaining good mental energy as well as reducing the urge to hit up the vending machines. Just don’t forget to take it with you!
4. Create an easy morning routine. The best way is to prepare the night before. Don’t wait until right before bedtime, though, because you’re not as likely to follow through. So, about an hour before, pick out your outfit for the next day (including your favorite shades of course) and pack a lunch, snacks, etc. If you are a coffee drinker, set your coffee maker for wakeup time. Or, if it’s not quite that fancy, at least have the water and coffee filled so you can just press start. Getting started on the right foot each morning should be paramount, so keep it simple and stress free.
5. Get your beauty sleep! All things are possible when you’re rested and refreshed. We know late night study sessions are going to happen, so plan to take full advantage of nights that you don’t have to stay up late. Keep your inner party animal in check.
Hopefully these tips will help you stay on top of your game. We wish you all the best for this new school year!